JUNE LIN, Partner
Areas of Concentration
Corporate & Business Law, Securities, Commercial Contracts, Usury Law, International Law, Trust Law, Equity Compensation Plans.
Ms. Lin's practice has predominantly taken place in the international arena, involving representation of blue chip US and European companies and banks in general corporate, securities and financing transactions. Prior to joining Niesar & Vestal in 2006, she practiced in New York, Paris and London, with preeminent Wall Street law firms Cravath Swaine & Moore and Sullivan & Cromwell, and as General Counsel of a leading UK share plan administration and trustee company.
Ms. Lin has broad experience in the drafting and negotiation of complex commercial contracts and business agreements, including offering documentation, underwriting agreements, shareholders' agreements, employment agreements, LLC operating agreements, loan agreements, security and pledge agreements, service agreements, confidentiality agreements, license and distribution agreements, website terms and conditions and privacy policies, stock purchase agreements and share scheme documentation and trust deeds. She currently represents primarily emerging companies in a wide spectrum of industries in general business matters, including formation, corporate governance, employment, financing, contracts and intellectual property. She also works with nonprofit corporations on formation and 501(c)(3) approval issues.
Following publication of her article "California Usury Laws" in Consumer Finance Law Quarterly Report in the fall of 2007, Ms. Lin has developed an expertise in California usury law and has consulted on a wide range of usury issues, advising both individual and corporate borrowers and lenders.
Bar Associations & Memberships
- California State Bar (2007)
- Law Society of England & Wales (2000)
- New York State Bar (1996)
- Association of Women Solicitors
- American Women Lawyers in London
- Course director and sole speaker for "US Law for International Lawyers", annual 2 and 3-day training courses focused on corporate and securities law, organized in conjunction with Euromoney Legal Training.
- Stanford University, J.D. with Distinction, 1995
- Harvard University, B.A. in Psychology with Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, 1991
- Ms. Lin is fluent in French, and conversant in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.