JOHN A. KELLEY, Partner
Areas of Concentration
Mr. Kelley is a partner in the firm's litigation department. His practice includes business and commercial disputes, consumer fraud, intellectual property, personal injury and employment claims. Mr. Kelley also provides counseling to clients regarding business formation, intellectual property and employment issues.
Mr. Kelley is admitted to practice in all of the state and federal courts of California. He has achieved favorable results for clients at civil trials in San Francisco and San Bernardino counties, and made successful oral arguments before the California Court of Appeal in 612 South, LLC v. Laconic Ltd. Partnership, 184 Cal. App. 4th 1270 (2010).
Prior to joining Niesar & Vestal LLP, Mr. Kelley was associated with Brown & Bain (Palo Alto), Morrison & Foerster LLP (San Francisco), and Sequoia Law Group LLP (San Francisco).
Bar Association & Memberships
- State Bar of California (admitted 1998)
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member of the Litigation Section
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Sam C. Pointer, Jr., Chief United States District Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama (1997-98)
- Seminar lecturer for Lorman Education Services and the United States Small Business Administration
- Board of Directors, Clerestory, San Francisco, California (2015 - Ongoing)
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Choral Artists, San Francisco, California (1998 - 2011)
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Community Music Center, San Francisco, California (2002 – 2011)
- Board of Directors, Yale Whiffenpoof Alumni, Inc. (2007-2011)
- "Litigating Civilly," The Recorder, Sept. 26, 2007 (reprinted in Plaintiff, January 2008)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1997, Editor in Chief, Hastings Law Journal (1996-97)
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, B.A. Music 1986
415-882-5300, ext. 235