Our attorneys are well-versed in a wide range of matters typically confronting businesses today. Our approach is solutions oriented and we take pride in our ability to help our clients comprehensively address each phase of their businesses. Representative projects include:
- Represented individual and corporate borrowers and lenders in lending and usury related issues.
- Assisted a Chinese handbag company to establish a U.S. corporate subsidiary, including the preparation and filing of corporate formation documents and drafting of board and shareholder resolutions.
- Negotiated and documented a $4 million stock purchase by a U.S. public company of a Canadian privately held corporation.
- Assisted a U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese advanced technology company with the negotiation of multi-million dollar investments in technology-related companies, including the review of private placement memorandums and the negotiation of investor rights, subscription and stock purchase agreements.
- Negotiated and documented a $20 million transaction to sell subsidiary of public software company
- Organized corporate-model limited liability company and structured $1 million+ seed and follow-on financings for multi-unit theme restaurant project.
- Drafted licensing agreements for a Silicon Valley biotechnology firm; prepared and filed copyright and trademark registrations; advised on issues related to hiring of employees who are non-U.S. citizens and on policies related to confidentiality and ownership of work product.
- Represented digital media company from inception, including assisting with initial organization, executive compensation issues, labor and employment matters, $3.5 million angel and institutional convertible debt financing round and subsequent $22.5 million Series A financing and $2.5 million strategic partner bridge financing.
- Facilitated a memorandum of understanding between a large wholesale water provider and a Los Angeles-based transit authority regarding a $6.65 million pipeline relocation; negotiated reimbursement, construction and multi-party service agreements with public agencies and private entities affected by said pipeline relocations.
- Represented public software corporation in $2 million private placement financings, '33 Act registrations, and '34 Act compliance.
- Advised the board and special committees of a national non-profit corporation on directors’ fiduciary duties, confidentiality, public access and diversity; strategized on contractual matters and drafted alternative bylaw language.
- Drafted and negotiated software development agreements, sublicensing agreements and nondisclosure agreements for a software company specializing in 3rd party logistics and shipping.
- Assisted syndicate of venture capital firms document $3 million in secured short-term bridge loans to portfolio companies.
- Advised company founder and principals on a shareholder dispute, bankruptcy, restructuring and financing activities.
- Acted as financial transaction counsel for a community development bank, piloted by HUD, evaluating all documentation related to proposed business loans in excess of $500,000.
- Counseled businesses on layoffs and reductions in force and the creation of severance packages and agreements.
- Represented public entertainment media services firm in merger with publicly traded technology company.
- Advised software company in a "roll-up" (series of asset and stock purchases) of businesses in client's field.